Tips to cook vegetables video
Tip category : Kitchen
Tip : Tips about making vegetables
- To retain the original colour of spinach, brocoli and cabbage, douse them in ice-cold water just after boiling them.
- To retain the whiteness of potatoes, add a pinch of alum while boiling
- For a "baigan bnartha" with a difference, add a little green masala and curd.
- While using green peas in pulao, apply a little oil to them so that they retain their original colour.
- To make the crispy ladyfinger add a few drops of lemon juice while cooking them.
- Dip mushrooms in warm water to which a tablespoon of milk has been added
- To remove excess salt from "sambar", soup or gravy, add a bowl of cooked rice
- Before roasting brinjals smear them with 'mustred oil'. The skin will peel off easily.