1. People with normal skin can exfoliate daily with a gentle exfoliator
2. People with oily skin can exfoliate thrice a week
3. People with dry skin can exfoliate once a week
4. People with sensitive skin can exfoliate once or twice a week
5. Before using any exfoliating products, check out which type of exfoliation will suit your skin.
6. Full caution should be observed while exfoliating dry or sensitive skin, as it may cause irritation.
7. Use less abrasive products for exfoliation, especially if your skin is too sensitive.
8. Never use the body exfoliating products on your face, the skin of your face is much more soft and sensitive than the body skin and body exfoliating products can be too abrasive for it.
9. Always use branded products that are high on quality.
10. Do not exfoliate if you have sun burn or open wound.
11. Your skin may tingle after exfoliation but tingling should not last more than 15 minutes.
12. Exfoliation causes the skin to dry out, and dry skin is an invitation for skin to wrinkle. So keep your skin moisturized.
13. Use products specifically designed for the face.
14. Avoid rubbing any exfoliating products on your face. It loosens the facial skin and can cause wrinkles. Dabbing is a safer way to apply and rinse exfoliating products.
15. Always use lukewarm or cool water for rinsing your face because hot water may burn your skin.
16. Exfoliate your skin in the evening.
17. Do not exfoliate the area around the eyes. Here skin is very thin and sensitive and does not need exfoliation.
18. Over-exfoliation can cause serious damage to your skin.
1. Your cleanser should be grainy, so that your body is scrubbed clean. You can also make your own cleansing solution by mixing lemon juice, sea salt and ground almonds. You can also use other ingredients for the purpose, as per your convenience and their availability. However, do make sure that you do not use anything which might react with your skin.
2. If you are purchasing the cleanser from the market, try to go for the one which comprise of oatmeal, ground almonds and sea salt. At the same time, ensure the cleanser should not make your skin dry.
3. Exfoliation should be done regularly to remove the dead skin from your body and make your skin appear smooth. It also helps in improving the blood circulation in your body, which gives a natural glow to the skin.
4. You can even make use of a wash cloth for exfoliation. Just make sure that it is not too abrasive.
5. Focus more on the back of your arms and thighs. You can also use a natural bristle brush for the purpose.
6. Be gentle over sensitive parts of the body, like delicate neck and thigh tissue.
7. Exfoliation of skin gives best results during summer than winter. So exfoliate more in summer.
8. After exfoliation use a good moisturizer containing antioxidants which supplies the required minerals to your skin lost in exfoliation.
Right way of Exfoliation
1. Brush your dry skin once, before getting under the shower. A body exfoliating brush or exfoliating gloves or even a loofah or wash cloth will do the purpose. Start from your heels and work your way up.
2. Wet the area of skin you want to exfoliate.
3. Apply an exfoliating cleanser to your skin or sprinkle it onto your sponge.
4. Making circular motions, scrub the exfoliating cleanser over your skin using your sponge or loofah.
5. Use a pumice stone to rub the rough spots in the body like the soles of your feet. Rinse skin thoroughly.
6. Follow up with a good moisturizer. Applying moisturizer to your body once in a day is essential.