Title : Amazing facts about Science and Technology Previous | Next
1. The word "Science" derives from Latin word scientia meaning “knowledge”.
2. Human need approximately 12 hours in order to entirely digest the food.
3. Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system with surface temperature above 450 C.
4. If we are to believe scientists there are approximately 50,000,000,000 galaxies "out there".
5. Turtles can live for more than 100 years.
6. An elephant trunk has no bone but 40,000 muscles.
7. Ocean waves can travel as fast as a JET Plane.
8. Fingernails grow four times faster than toenails.
9. A snail can sleep for 3 – 4 years – during which period it does not need food.
10. Solid carbon di oxide is called dry ice, because when it melts it does not change into liquid but vapourises directly.
11. The longest regularly formed English word is Praetertranssubstantiationalistically which contains 37 letters.
12. TCDD is a man-made chemical which is 150,000 times more deadly then cyanide.
13. Quick silver is not silver, but it is another name of mercury. It is so heavy that piece of iron floats on its surface.
14. A typical hurricane produces the energy equivalent of 8,000 one megaton bombs.
15. There are 62,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body – laid end to end they would circle the earth 2.5 times.
16. At over 2000 kilometers long, The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living structure on Earth.
17. The highest speed ever achieved on a bicycle is 166.94 mph, by Fred Rompelberg.
18. The average person accidentally eats 430 bugs each year of their life.
19. The world's first baby conceived in a test tube outside the mother's body was born in Oldham, England. Her name is Louise Joy Brown.
20. RHTHYM is a six letter word which has no vowel.
21. Ambulances were developed by Napolean's surgeon in his Italian company of 1796-97.
22. Oysters can change from one gender to another and back again.
23. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
24. Giraffes can live longer without water than camels.
25. Nitrous oxide can make you laugh. That is why it is called laughing gas.
26. It is easier to swim in a sea rather than in a river because the density of sea water is more compared to that of a river due to dissolved salts.
27. The body's largest internal organ is the small intestine at an average length of 20 feet.
28. The largest lizard in the world is the Komodo dragon which reaches up to 3 meters and sometimes longer was named because of it's fiery tongue. It is often longer than a car.
29. The first drawings of a helicopter are nearly 500 years old.
30. A butterfly warms up its body up to 81 degrees Fahrenheit before flying.
No related myths and facts found !!