Most of the peoples like winter session than hot sunny summer but winter brings the cold in addition with the many skin and beauty care problems. Most of the peoples faced skin problems in winter are dry skin, cracked skin and uneven skin. There few cheap homemade facial mask for oily skin can help clean your pores, cut down on break outs, and make your complexion look less shiny and oily.
Here are few homemade winter face packs and face masks
1) Banana & butter mask : Take the fresh banana and mesh the banana into smooth paste. Now add the same amount of butter to the meshed banana. Instead of butter you can add the skimmed milk cream to the mesh banana. Mix the both ingredients well. Now apply this paste all over the face. The butter or skimmed milk cream is the natural moisturizer for the skin and prevents the dry skin. Banana act as the pack to keeps the moisture in the skin.
2) Oatmeal Mask : An oatmeal mask is a great remedy for skin beaten by a cold wind. To make it, mix together in equal proportions raw oatmeal flakes, egg yolk, and honey. Keep the mask on your face for about 20 minutes, wash with lukewarm water, and pat dry. After the application, your facial skin should feel very soft, refreshed, and healed.
3) Vinegar Facial Masks : Using vinegar as a skin toner dates back to the time of Helen of Troy, and it’s just as effective today. After you wash your face, mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 cups water as a finishing rinse to cleanse and tighten your skin. You can also create a homemade facial mask by mixing 1/4 cup cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water. Gently apply the solution to your face and let it dry.
4) Egg White Mask : An egg white mask is good for oily skin with large pores. Smooth a beaten egg white all over your face, let rest for half-an-hour, and rinse with water. This mask will refresh and tighten your oily skin and will make it look much healthier than before. In the winter, it will create a natural barrier to protect your skin from harsh winds and frost.
5) Honey & rose water face pack : Take the 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of rose water and mix them well. Now apply this pack on the face. Wash the face with after 10 minutes. Honey is the natural moisturizer for the skin rose water tones the skin. This face pack is good to treat the winter dry skin.
6) Milk Facial Masks : Here is an another way to give yourself a fancy spa facial at home. Make a mask by mixing 1/4 cup powdered milk with enough water to form a thick paste. Thoroughly coat your face with the mixture, let dry completely, then rinse with warm water. Your face will feel fresh and rejuvenated.
7) Carrot & honey winter mask : Take the blended carrot 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp of honey mix the both well. Now apply this mask on the face. Rinse it off after 10 minutes. This mask lightens the dark skin and helps to treat the dry skin.
8) Mustard Facial Masks : Pat your face with mild yellow mustard for a bracing facial that will soothe and stimulate your skin. Try it on a small test area first to make sure it won't irritate.
9) Carrot & honey winter mask : Take the blended carrot 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp of honey mix the both well. Now apply this mask on the face. Rinse it off after 10 minutes. This mask lightens the dark skin and helps to treat the dry skin.
10) Honey & rose water face pack : Take the 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of rose water and mix them well. Now apply this pack on the face. Wash the face with after 10 minutes. Honey is the natural moisturizer for the skin rose water tones the skin. This face pack is good to treat the winter dry skin.
11) Lemon Facial Masks : Create a facial that both exfoliates and moisturizes by mixing the juice from 1 lemon with 1/4 cup olive oil or sweet almond oil.
10 rules to strictly follows for skin in winter session
1) Every night before going to bed take one tablespoon of milk cream and add a few drops each of glycerine, castor oil and rose water. Mix ingredients well and apply all over your face, neck and hands. Leave on overnight and rinse with cold water in the morning.
2) In winter avoid facial masks and beauty products which contain alcohol as they tend to make your skin dry.
3) Use lukewarm water while bathing. Avoid using very hot water because that strips the outer layer of your skin of its natural oils resulting in flaking and dryness.
4) Do not bathe or wash your face at least half an hour before you go out in the cold. Dermatologists also recommend taking shorter baths and showers during the winter.
5) Choosing the right moisturiser is essential. Oil-based moisturisers can protect your skin from losing moisture. Also don't forget to chose one with SPF.
6) Just because the sun rarely makes an appearance now doesn't mean that harmful ultra-violet rays do not exist. Remember to apply a layer of sunscreen whenever you step out in the winter sun.
7) Go easy on exfoliation on winter season as excessive scrubbing will rob your skin of its natural oils and shine.
8) To protect your feet and repair cracked heels soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes then pat dry, apply petroleum jelly and wear cotton socks.
9) To prevent rough and scaly elbows use a simple homemade scrub of honey and sugar. Rub It In Take an oil massage before your bath to lubricate skin. For very dry skin sunflower oil and olive oil are considered most effective.
10) Drink lots of water. Most of us tend to reduce our water intake during the winter but it is important to keep your body hydrated no matter what season.
Disclaimer*: This article is only for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.