Sun rays are the one of the most essential elements for human body. Sun is easily accessible to all. Not only human being sun rays are the essential elements for animals, plants as well as various creatures. The rays make us feel good.
Benefits of Sun Rays in Human Body
1) Provide Vitamin D : Sun ray's are the maor source of Vitamin D. It provides Vitamin D in human body.
2) Strengthens immune system : Staying in sunshine enhances the generation of White Blood Cells (WBC) which kill germs like bacteria and viruses.
3) Gives resistance power to Skin : Moderate amount of sunlight heals several skin disorders such as psoriasis, acne, eczema as well as skin infections.
4) Improves your mood : Sunlight controls mood alteration through promoting synthesis of Serotonin, one of the neurotransmitters in brain that affect mood.
5) Helpful in Diabetes : It has been found in a new study that enough introduction to sunshine and adequate amount of vitamin D play vital role in the prevention of type 2 diabetes in people.
6) Cancer Prevention : Vitamin D from sunbathe decreases the risk of some cancers such as breast, lymphoma, colon, ovary and prostate cancer.
7) Modifies sleep patterns : Studies have revealed that the sunlight aids to set body's biological clock in brain and maintain it on track. So, it tells us when to sleep and wake up.
8) Provides better functioning of cardiovascular system : Sunlight is beneficial for hypertensive patients as it regulates blood circulation through dilating arteries. So that blood cells get more nutrition and oxygen.
9) Increases metabolism : Sun rays encourage thyroid gland which in turn speed up the body's basal metabolism rate and utilizes large extent of calories.
10) Eliminates toxic substances : Sunlight exposure enhances the functioning of liver which filters and removes wastes from body. It also helps to wipe out toxic chemicals like mercury, benzene, cobalt, lead, manganese, cadmium and pesticides which we swallow from impure water or polluted air.
11) The sun's rays lower blood pressure : Even a single exposure significantly lowers blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure.
12) Sunlight can cure depression.
13) Regular sunlight exposure increases the growth and height of children.
14) Sunlight increases oxygen content in human blood.
15) Sunlight lowers cholesterol : The sun converts high cholesterol in the blood into steroid hormones and the sex hormones we need for reproduction.
Disclaimer*: This article is only for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.