· Dark chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins, chemicals in the brain that bring on feelings of pleasure. It also contains the chemical serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant.
· Dark chocolate helps keep our blood vessels healthy and your circulation unimpaired to protect against type 2 diabetes. The flavonoids in dark chocolate also help reduce insulin resistance by helping your cells to function normally and regain the ability to use your body's insulin efficiently. Dark chocolate also has a low glycemic index, meaning it won't cause huge spikes in blood sugar levels.
· German researchers found that the flavonoids in dark chocolate absorb UV light, help protect and increase blood flow to the skin, and improve skin’s hydration and complexion.
· The main fats in cocoa are oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that can help reduce cholesterol levels, according to the University of Michigan Integrative Medicine. The other fat, stearic acid, is a saturated fat. But stearic acid doesn't raise cholesterol levels the way most saturated fats can. A University of Nebraska study published in the May 2000 issue of "The Journal of Nutrition" found that stearic acid reduced cholesterol absorption and increased excretion of cholesterol in the stool in hamsters. Absorption rate for those fed stearic acid dropped to 21 percent, compared to an absorption rate of 50 to 55 percent for those fed other fats.
· Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants help free our body of free radicals, which cause oxidative damage to cells. Free radicals are implicated in the aging process and may be a cause of cancer, so eating antioxidant rich foods like dark chocolate can protect us from many types of cancer and slow the signs of aging.
Herbal supplements cannot be harmful because they are natural .
If vitamins and supplements are taken, then you can eat whatever you want.
By taking vitamins regularly, we don't need to exercise.
Taking vitamins is the best way to ensure health for us and our children.
Organic vitamins (from nature: food, etc.) are better than synthetic ones.