· Apples provide a small amount of skin-friendly vitamin A, a family of chemicals called retinoid. Vitamin A plays an important role in skin development -- it helps immature skin develop into mature and functional skin tissue. Vitamin A might also reduce the risk of skin cancer, according to the Linus Pauling Institute, although more research is needed to know its exact role in cancer prevention. A large apple provides 120 international units of vitamin A. According to the Linus Pauling Institute, this makes up 5 percent of the daily vitamin A requirements for women or 4 percent for men.
· Apples are filled with soluble fiber (5 grams). This fiber has been shown to reduce intestinal disorders, including diverticulitis, hemorrhoids and possibly some types of cancer. It helps control insulin levels by releasing sugar slowly into the bloodstream. It cleanses and detoxifies, which helps eliminate heavy metals, such as lead and mercury.
· Apples are packed with vitamins C, A, and flavonoids and with smaller amounts of phosphorus, iron and calcium.
· Diabetics should eat apple. “The World’s Healthiest Foods” explains: “The phytonutrients in apples can help you regulate your blood sugar. Recent research has shown that apple polyphenols can help prevent spikes in blood sugar through a variety of mechanisms. Flavonoids like quercetin found in apples can inhibit enzymes like alpha-amylase and alpha-glycosidase. Since these enzymes are involved in the breakdown of complex carbohydrates into simple sugars, your blood sugar has fewer simple sugars to deal with when these enzymes are inhibited.
· It’s been scientifically proven that the malic acid in apples can actually whiten teeth. Malic acid is commonly used in commercial tooth whitening products, because it safely dissolves stains from the surface of teeth. So, if you want to whiten and brighten your smile, it’s as cheap and easy as chewing on an apple after meals.
Herbal supplements cannot be harmful because they are natural .
If vitamins and supplements are taken, then you can eat whatever you want.
By taking vitamins regularly, we don't need to exercise.
Taking vitamins is the best way to ensure health for us and our children.
Organic vitamins (from nature: food, etc.) are better than synthetic ones.