Papaya is a delicious tropical fruit which has a great taste, mouthwatering flavor and great health benefits.This pear-shaped fruit is usually 7 inches long with about 1 pound in weight with the inside flesh being rich orange in colour with a slight shade of pink or yellow.Papayas were originally found in Central America, while the explorers from Spain and Portugal helped bring this fruit to many other subtropical lands, which then journeyed to places like Philippines, some parts of Africa and India. Today, the US, Mexico and Puerto Rico are said to be the largest commercial producers of papaya in the world.
· Vitamin C and vitamin A, which is made in the body from the beta-carotene in papaya, are both needed for the proper function of a healthy immune system. Papaya may therefore be a healthy fruit choice for preventing such illnesses as recurrent ear infections, colds and flu.
· Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.
· Papaya is a rich source of these essential nutrients, especially beta-carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin and cryptoxanthin, as well as hundreds of others not even yet discovered. Carotenes are known to protect the body from lung and other cancers. Antioxidants help slowly down the aging process by providing your body with lots of free radical scavengers.
· Papayas are well known for their high enzyme content, helping the food break down quite rapidly without much extra work required from the body. This is one of the key reasons fruits are so essential to our diets, for their ease of digestibility, also due to their high water and soluble fiber content.
· It is low in calories and high in nutritional values. Hence, it is a good food for those who want to lose some weight.
· Raw papaya also helps in reducing menstrual irregularities for women. Papaya helps to ease the condition by promoting natural flow of menstruation.
· Papaya cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 3 to 4 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines.
· Papayas contain 2 enzymes; papain and chymopapain that have been shown to help reduce inflammation and to increase the rate of healing from burns. The antioxidants previously mentioned, namely vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene also contribute to reducing inflammation.
Herbal supplements cannot be harmful because they are natural .
If vitamins and supplements are taken, then you can eat whatever you want.
By taking vitamins regularly, we don't need to exercise.
Taking vitamins is the best way to ensure health for us and our children.
Organic vitamins (from nature: food, etc.) are better than synthetic ones.