Indian is world famous for its its medical science. Indians therapies were experts in healing the ailments and various major diseases. Here are the few famous therapies in India.
1) Acupressure : Acupressure is a form of touch therapy that utilizes the principles of acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
2) Acupuncture : This is a system of complementary medicine that involves pricking the skin or tissues with needles, used to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
3) Alexander Technique : The Alexander technique teaches people how to stop using unnecessary levels of muscular and mental tension during their everyday activities. It is an educational process rather than a relaxation technique or form of exercise.
4) Allopathy : This is a treatment of disease by conventional means, i.e., with drugs having opposite effects to the symptoms
5) Alternative & Complementary Medicine : This is a treatment including acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, osteopathy, diet and lifestyle changes, herbal medicine, massage therapy, or other practices not based solely on traditional western medicine.
6) Anthroposophical Medicines : Anthroposophic medicine is a complementary medicine that combines elements of conventional medicine with homeopathy and naturopathy. It is based on the spiritual philosophy of anthroposophy, which regards human wellness and illness as biographical events connected to the body, mind and spirit of the individual.
7) Aromatherapy : Aromatherapy is a type of alternative medicine that uses essential oils and other aromatic plant compounds which are aimed at improving a person's health or mood.
8) Art Therapy : It is a form of psychotherapy involving the encouragement of free self-expression through painting, drawing, or modeling, used as a remedial activity or an aid to diagnosis.
9) Astrology : It is the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world.
10) Aura Therapy : Aura therapy is a healing technique based on reading a person’s aura, or vital energy field, and then treating diseases revealed by the aura color or colors.
11) Ayurveda : This is the traditional Hindu system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing.
12) Biodanza Technique : Biodanza technique is an amazing experience of life through dancing. Literally, 'bio' stands for life and 'danza' stands for dance, which also means dance for life.
13) Body Alignment Technique : Body alignment is the optimal placement of the body parts so that the skeletal bones are efficiently used, so the muscles have to do less work for the same effect.
14) Body Stress Relief Technique : This is a gentle technique assists the body in its own healing process and brings effective relief from many forms of tension, pain and discomfort caused by the build-up of stress in the body.
15) Bowen Technique : Bowen Technique is a treatment consisting of a specific sequence of gentle, rolling "moves" done across superficial muscles, tendons and nerves that effectively realigns the body and balances and stimulates energy flow.
16) Channeling : It is a act or practice of serving as a medium through which a spirit guide purportedly communicates with living persons.
17) Chinese Medicine : Traditional Chinese medicine, also known as TCM, includes a range of traditional medicine practices originating in China. Although well-accepted in the mainstream of medical care throughout East Asia, it is considered an alternative medical system in much of the Western world.
18) Chiropractic : This ia a system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints, esp. those of the spinal column, which are held to cause other disorders by affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs.
19) Colon Therapy : Colon cleansing (also known as colon therapy) encompasses a number of alternative medical therapies intended to remove feces and nonspecific toxins from the colon and intestinal tract.
20) Colour Therapy : It is a system of alternative medicine based on the use of color, esp. projected colored light.
21) Crystal Therapy : It is the use of the healing powers of crystals in alternative medicine.
22) Feldenkrais Method : It is a system designed to promote bodily and mental well-being by conscious analysis of neuromuscular activity via exercises that improve flexibility and coordination and increase ease and range of motion.
23) Homeopathy : It is the treatment of disease by minute doses of natural substances that in a healthy person would produce symptoms of disease.
24) Hydrotherapy : Hydrotherapy, or water therapy, is the use of water (hot, cold, steam, or ice) to relieve discomfort and promote physical well-being.
25) Laughter Therapy : Laughter is an audible expression of happiness, or an inward feeling of joy. It may ensue from jokes, tickling or other stimuli. It is in most cases a very pleasant sensation.
26) Meditation : Meditation is a practice of concentrated focus upon a sound, object, visualization, the breath, movement, or attention itself in order to increase awareness of the present moment, reduce stress, promote relaxation, and enhance personal and spiritual growth.
27) Sex Therapy : It is the counseling or other therapy that addresses a person's psychological or physical sexual problems.
28) Tai Chi : Tai Chi is a Chinese system of slow meditative physical exercise designed for relaxation and balance and health.
29)Urine Therapy : In alternative medicine, the term urine therapy (also urotherapy, urinotherapy or uropathy) refers to various applications of human urine for medicinal or cosmetic purposes, including drinking of one's own urine and massaging one's skin with one's own urine.
30)Yoga : It is a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation.
Herbal supplements cannot be harmful because they are natural .
If vitamins and supplements are taken, then you can eat whatever you want.
By taking vitamins regularly, we don't need to exercise.
Taking vitamins is the best way to ensure health for us and our children.
Organic vitamins (from nature: food, etc.) are better than synthetic ones.