Cucumbers are extremely beneficial to health especially during the summers as it mostly contains water and many important nutrients that are essential for human body and it is one of the healthiest options to cool yourself.Cucumbers are believed to have originated in India. Today we get several varieties of cucumbers such as Persian, English and Pickling cucumbers.
Health benefits of Cucumber
· It is one of the very low calorie vegetables; provide just 15 calories per 100 g. It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Cucumber peel is a good source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation, and offer some protection against colon cancers by eliminating toxic compounds from the gut.
· According to recent research studies, cucumbers contain certain lignans- substances which proven strong connection with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease as well as several cancers such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer.
· Cucumbers have mild diuretic property, which perhaps attributed to their free-water, and potassium and low sodium content. This helps in checking weight gain and high blood pressure.
· Cucumber is known to be beneficial in healing illnesses of lung, kidneys, and stomach. Drinking fresh cucumber juice helps to reduce heartburns and to soothe acidity in stomach. Similar to the adage, a glass of cucumber juice a day can also help keep the doctor away by controlling conditions like eczema, gout and arthritis.
· Cucumber is a perfect blend of both fiber and water. Thus, it helps you to stay away from both constipation and kidney stones. By having cucumber juice, you can consume both fiber and water at the same time. Reports say that majority Americans prefer to have a cucumber rich salad regularly as it is a great way to increase your fiber intake. Cucumber is also a good source of vitamin C, silica, potassium and magnesium; thereby you get all the more nutrition. Cucumber has an extraordinary amount of water (about 96%) that is naturally purified, thus making the water content much better in quality to ordinary water. The cucumber skin contains a high proportion of vitamin A, thus you will gain more nutrition if consumed with the skin.
· Cucumber is highly effective when it comes to curing kidney and urinary bladder diseases. It is known to act as a diuretic. Cucumber also helps in curing liver and pancreatic disease.
· They surprisingly have a high amount of vitamin K, provides about 17 µg of this vitamin per 100 g. Vitamin-K has been found to have a potential role in bone strength by promoting osteotrophic (bone mass building) activity. It also has established role in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in their brain.
· It is believed that cucumber helps in reducing swelling around the eyes or the big dark circles under your eyes. This is world-wide treatment which is being used to its maximum extent.ss
Herbal supplements cannot be harmful because they are natural .
If vitamins and supplements are taken, then you can eat whatever you want.
By taking vitamins regularly, we don't need to exercise.
Taking vitamins is the best way to ensure health for us and our children.
Organic vitamins (from nature: food, etc.) are better than synthetic ones.