Long hairs are the crowning glory of a beautiful looks of a women. For most of the Indian women, it is in their tradition to keep their tresses long and healthy and shiny. It is no wonder women crave for long healthy hair. But keep in mind that it is long, shiny and healthy hair that is admired not dull and lifeless long hair. Hair is an indicator of good health, too. So it is important to maintain and enhance the quality of hair and take care of those long tresses without much mess.
Here are few natural hair care tips for long hair :
1) Normal coconut oil just helps keep the hair non-messy and neatly tied. But unlike the myth it does not help grow hair.
2) Oil or Massage your hair at least twice a week.
3) Dry your hair gently. Think of your hair like a garment made of good fabric; you wouldn't just throw it in the dryer, you'd carefully lay it out to gently air dry.
4) Don't use harsh chemicals on your hair. The shampoo and conditioner you use may be contributing to poor hair growth. Most commercial shampoos contain sulfates, which strip your hair of its natural oils and leave it susceptible to damage.
5) Trim Your Hair Every 6-8 Weeks.
6) Water helps the body to process and flush out toxins faster, which makes it a quick and easy natural method that will make your hair grow a lot faster. If you drink about 8 cups of water a day, not only will your body feel better, but your hair will get stronger.
7) Indian women can also use tea oils; it is an excellent hair applicant. It makes hair glow and shimmer with healthy shine.
8) Wash less, condition more : Lathering up daily can dry out your hair by stripping away the naturally occurring oils that act as your scalp's built-in conditioner and help fight split ends — and minimal split ends means less you need to chop
9) Use Moisturizing Products : Black hair is often dry by nature, it's best to use products that replace needed moisture. This includes using shampoos and conditioners formulated for dry and/or damaged hair.
10) Brushing the hair once or twice in the morning and once or twice at night will stimulate the circulation in your scalp, feeding the hair follicles and ensuring undisturbed hair growth. However, when your hair is wet, never brush it.
11) Use shampoo and conditioner that are designed for your hair type. Before shampooing, comb your hair to detangle and remove all knots. Apply shampoo to the roots, wash your scalp, and then work the shampoo to the ends. Rinse thoroughly.
12) Avoid using a rubber band. Holding your hair with an elastic or rubber band causes damage and breakage. If you want to pull your hair back, use a scrunchie instead.
13) Herbal remedies and treatments are very effective in promoting hair growth. Take an egg with 3 tablespoons of castor oil and a teaspoon vinegar. Mix them well. Massage on scalp and wash your hair after 40 minutes. You can also apply green amla Juice on your hair and massage on to the scalp like you do with the oils. Let it soak in for an hour and then rinse your hair.
14) Proper diet for better hair care. At but not the least! The right food is the key to have healthy body and mind. Proteins ingested speeds up the hair growth fast and makes them strong and lustrous. Cashew nuts and coconut are very good to enhance hair growth.
15) Protect your hair from extreme weather. In winter, wear a scarf, hat, or cap to protect your hair from the cold and wind. In the summer, you spend hours in the sun. Sun exposure can fade your hair color and cause dry hair.
16) Avoid heat much as possible. If you want waves and curls, adopt a few of the natural methods. But of you have to use heat when straightening, reduce the temperature and make it point to use heat protectant.
17) Reduce stress. Stress can lead to hair loss as well as a decrease in the speed in which your hair grows. If you do suffer from stress, try yoga or other types of exercise to help yourself to de-stress.
18) Prepare a homemade hair mask to accelerate hair growth by mixing a tablespoon of honey in one egg yolk. Apply this hair pack on the scalp and leave it for about half an hour. Finally, rinse your hair with mildly lukewarm water to remove the sticky mixture. Follow this procedure at least once every week.
19) Do not wash your hair with hot water. Hot water strips the moisture from your hair, making your hair dry. Wash your hair with warm water or cold water rather than hot water.
20) Potato Mask : Just juice 3 potatoes, add in one egg yolk and some honey, and you've got yourself an awesome potato hair mask! This will absolutely help make your hair grow faster and it's natural! It works in much the same way as the potato water, but better - the egg yolk and honey add lots of moisture.
Disclaimer*: This article is only for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.