Black hairs makes a strong contribution towards a beautiful looks. It is normal to see an aged person with grey hair, but in the present times, even young men and women complain of grey hair. Premature graying of hair makes a person look much older than his/her age. Most people like thick black hairs but don't want applying so much coloring products available in the market. Some people start to gray in their early 20's or 30's; this is called premature graying. Their gray hair may look the same when they are older as it did in their 20's or 30's.
Causes of Graying Of Hair
Initially, hair is white. The cells in our hair follicles called "Melanocytes" generate pigments the main one being Melanin. This gives our hair its "Color". In general, the more melanin present, the darker the hair color; the less melanin, the lighter the hair color. When these Melanocytes stop producing the pigment the result is a transparent hair. The transparent hair against your healthier darker hair gives the appearance of Gray hair. In reality the hair is not Gray but transparent.
Gray hairs also may come from the heredity. If parents started going Gray at a young age then the chances of child may also suffer from premature gray hair. This is not always the case. The pigment in the hair shaft is generated from cells at the base of the root of the hair and as we get older these cells start producing less pigment until there is no pigment at all in the hair and we end up with the transparent hair.
Causes Of Premature Graying Of Hair
1) Chronic cold
3) Faulty diet
4) Mental worries
5) Lack of vitamin B complex, iron, copper and iodine
6) Heredity factors
7) Dirty conditions of the scalp
8) Using electric dryers
9) Using concentrated hair dyes
1) Nutritional deficiency
10) Washing hair with ward water
11) Chronic constipation
13) Hormonal imbalance
14) Illness and infectious diseases
15) Stress and anxiety
16) Toxic / heavy metal poisoning
17) Chemotherapy and radiation
18) Insufficient kidney energy
20) Thyroid disease & Folic acid deficiency
Home Remedy For Premature Graying Of Hair Naturally
1) Using Amla : Many hair oils and hair care products are made with Amla extract in order to make the hair black, shiny and glowing. But, raw Amla can also be used for making your hair naturally black. You have to take half liter of water and put two table spoon of Amla powder in it.
2) Hot oil massage : You can carry out a hot oil massage with either of coconut oil, almond oil or amla oil. Each of these oils contributes towards maintenance of black colour of your hair. You could also go for eucalyptus oil, add a few drops to the warmed up oil and use on scalp with light circular motions.
3) Ghee with mulethi : You need to take 1 kg of Ghee or clear butter, 1 liter of Amla juice, and 250gm of mulethi and heat all these in a low flame. Let the water evaporate from the mixture. Now, you will get the actual content you are looking for. Now, store the mixture in a glass container. You can use this hair mask every day before going for a hair wash. It is very effective in bringing jet back color of your hair.
4) The correct combing technique : Do not brush your beautiful hair aggressively. If there are tangles, go for wide toothed combs, also use a paddle brush for best results.
5) One of the best home remedies for premature graying of hair comprises of curry leaves. Include them in your daily diet. Alternatively, you can put some curry leaves in coconut oil and boil it. Strain the oil and let it cool down. Apply it over the scalp.
6) Orange juice : Orange juice is also very effective to get healthy and thick hair. You can add some Amla with the orange juice to get thick as well as black hair. You can peel off orange and mash it so that it can be converted into pulp. Now add some Amla powder in it and mix it very well. You can also view the change in color of orange once mixed with Amla. This works brilliantly to create black and thick hair.
7) Dry a few pieces of ribbed gourd in the sun. Soak them in coconut oil for about 3 to 4 hours. After this, boil it until the residue becomes black and cool it down a bit. Massage the scalp with the residue.
8) Say no to heat : If you really like the black natural colour of your hair; then do not apply hot ironing tools. It will not only frizz dry your hair but you will also lose its natural colour coating.
9) Avoid having refined flour and sugar, soft drinks, pastries, jam, too spicy food, hot food, chilies and oily food.
10) Mango stones : You can also apply the oil of mango stones in your hair to get black hair. This is also very good for people having grey hair. It magically turns the white hair into black color. If you can apply this before age, this will stop the hair to become white very fast after eradicating the harmful effect of dandruff.
11) Mix a tsp of Indian gooseberry juice with a tsp of almond oil and few drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture on your hair and keep it overnight. In the morning, wash the hair. This is an effective home remedy for treating premature graying of hair.
12) Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. They are effective in treating premature graying of hair. Mix a liter of yoghurt with a tablespoon of yeast. Have a bowl of this mixture before every meal, as it is effective in treating premature graying.
13) Keratin Treatment : If you cannot stay away from styling gels and tools, then you can book an expensive session once every 2 months at a good parlour for a keratin restoration treatment. It helps restore your hair's lost keratin and maintains your dark natural hair colour.
Disclaimer*: This article is only for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.