For a woman unwanted hair growth is an embarrassing as it makes dull impression and unpleasant. Unwanted hair usually appears because of excess production of androgens. Excessive or unwanted hair that grows on a woman's body and face is called hirsutism. Women normally produce low levels of male hormones (androgens). If body makes too much of this hormone, you may have unwanted hair growth. In most cases, the exact cause is never identified. It tends to run in families. In general, hirsutism is a harmless condition. But many women find it bothersome, or even embarrassing.
Removing of unwanted hair can be a quick or time consuming process depending on the techniques used. To ensure a smoother skin, women have been battling with the unwanted hair growth for centuries. There are different hair removal products available in the market today that may help in getting rid of unwanted facial and body hair. Besides few professional treatments like laser and other products available in the market there are few home remedies can also help to remove unwanted hair permanently.
There are different methods available that can help in curbing this issue for good.
1) The simplest method is to shave the unwanted hair off as often as necessary, perhaps once or twice or week.
2) Turmeric : In India it's a common practice for women to apply a little turmeric to their faces or at least the portion extending between the ears to the chin. Besides being good for one's complexion and the antibacterial effect, turmeric is also said to have the property of curbing hair growth.
3) Prepare a thick mixture of haldi, besan and curd. Apply t on the skin and leave it to dry. Rub off the mixture gently from your skin and wash off with water.
4) Drink spearmint tea : Consume 2 cups of spearmint teas for a minimum of 5 days per week. Studies found that women who drank spearmint tea reduced the amount of testosterone (male hormone) flowing through their blood streams. This reduction in testosterone led to less unwanted hair growth.
5) Avoid eating too much chicken. Add fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet plan, this will help you to slow down the extra hair growth on the face.
6) Add 30 grams of sugar, 10 ml of lemon juice and 150 ml of water. Mix them well and apply this mixture on your face in the direction of hair growth. Leave your face for 15 minutes, then wash your face with cold water by rubbing your face smoothly. Repeat this once in a week to remove face hair permanently.
7) Apply a mixture of besan and haldi (turmeric) with a little water, to face. When it dries, gently rub off. This will remove excessive facial hair. This is one of the useful home remedies for hair removal.
8) With a home-made wax-like substance, it is possible to remove facial hair quite effectively; however, you need to be prepared for the process to get a little messy and maybe even painful when compared to the turmeric or besan face pack. The molten sugar in this recipe provides the stickiness; honey and lemon act as bleach as well as help to soothe the skin. Take about a tablespoon of sugar in a vessel, add in a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice; heat this lightly or microwave for about 3 minutes and mix to get a smooth paste. When the paste is still slightly warm, apply it to the part of the face from where you need to pluck the hair. Cover the area with a strip of cloth and immediately pull the cloth in the direction opposite to that in which the hair is growing.
9) Simply wash your face twice a day with a face wash, and follow up with a toner. Apply a moisturizer after shaving. This is an effective home remedy for hair removal.
10) When bathing, apply soap and scrub your hands and legs gently with a pumice stone everyday. This will take some time, but with patience your hair will gradually reduce and diminish.
11) Papaya Turmeric Paste : A paste of raw papaya and half teaspoon of turmeric powder is very effective for removing unwanted hair permanently. Just massage your face with this paste for 15 minutes and rinse off. Use it once a week to get fruitful results.
12) Honey & Lemon Juice : Mix 4 tablespoon honey and 2 teaspoon lemon juice and apply this mixture in the direction of the hair. Wash off after 15 minutes and use this mixture two times a week if you are looking for good benefits.
13) Egg Sugar & Cornflour Paste : Take an egg white, add 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cornflour and make a paste with these ingredients. Apply the mixture on the area with unwanted hair, peel off when the mixture gets dry. You can apply this mixture twice a week for best results.
14) Depilatories are chemical products that remove unwanted facial hair from the surface of the skin. The chemicals dissolve the hair into a gel-like substance. Apply the depilatory to the skin. Leave the product on the skin based on the timing instructions that come with the product. Once the product has been on the skin for the required length of time, wipe it off of your skin with a clean cloth.
15) If you want to remove hairs from your face, then don't go for threading or plucking. Always use hard wax to remove hairs from your skin, as this will keep your skin protective to get loose.
Disclaimer*: This article is only for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.