Top 10 Highest Mountain Peaks in India classified by heights.
1) Kanchenjunga – (28,209 ft, 8598 m) : With the heights of 28,209 ft, Kanchenjunga is the third highest mountain in the world and first in India. Kangchenjunga is situated on the boundary between India and Nepal and Sikkim. British expedition Joe Brown and George Band was first climbed Kanchenjunga on 25 May 1955. One of the most famous views of Kangchenjunga are from the hill station of Darjeeling. Until 1852 before Great Trigonometric Survey of India tokk place Kanchenjunga was assumed to be the highest mountain in the world.
2) Nanda Devi - (25663 ft, 7824 m) : Situated in Chamoli District of Uttarakhand Nanda Devi is the second highest mountain in India after Kanchenjunga. Nanda Devi is entirely within the country (Kangchenjunga being on the border of India and Nepal). Before Sikkim joined the Indian Union Nanda Devi was the height mountain in India. British-American expedition Noel Odell and Bill Tilman was first climbed Nanda Devi on 29 August 1936.
3) Saltoro Kangri - (28,209 ft, 7,742 m) : With the heights of 7,742 m Saltoro Kangri is the world 31st heighest mountain and 3rd in India which is located in Kashmir. Japanese-Pakistani expedition Y. Takamura, A. Saito, Capt. Bashir was first climbed Saltoro Kangri on 1962.
4) Kangto - (23,163 ft, 7,090 m) : Situated in Eastern Himalayas Indo-China border in Arunachal Pradesh Kangto is the fourth highest mountain in India and heighest in Arunachal Pradesh. This area is also claimed by China as part of southern Tibet.
5) Reo Purgyil - (22,362 ft, 6,816 m) : Situated in the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh Reo Purgyil is the fifth highest mountain in India. It is a formidable massif which overlooks the Western valley of Tibet.
6) Saramati - (12,601 ft, 3,841 m) : Situated near Tuensang town of Nagaland Saramati is the sixth highest mountain in India. This mountain is in border of Nagaland and the Sagaing Region of Burma. Saramati is one of the ultra prominent peaks of Southeast Asia.
7) Sandakphu - (11,929 ft, 3,636 m) : Situated in Singalila National Park in Darjeeling district on the West Bengal-Sikkim border Sandakphu seventh highest mountain in India. Out of Five, four highest peaks in the world, Everest, Kanchendzonga, Lhotse and Makalu can be seen from its summit. From Sandakphu the best view of the mountain Kanchenjunga is possible, which is known as the sleeping Buddha or the sleeping Shiva.
8) Khayang - (10,216 ft, 3,114 m) : Situated in Indo-Burma border in Manipur Khayang is the eighth highest mountain in India. Khayang is also known as Hkayam Bum, Khayang Bung.
9) Anamudi - (8,841 ft, 2,695 m) : Situated in the state of Kerela Anamudi is the highest peak in the Western Ghats and South India and nineth highest mountain in India. The name Anamudi literally translates to "elephant's forehead," a reference to the resemblance of the mountain to an elephant's head. Madras Army expedition General Douglas Hamilton was first climbed Anamudi on May 4, 1862.
10) Dodda Betta - (8,648 ft, 2,636 m) : Situated near Ootacamund, Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu is the second highest mountain in the Nilgiri Hills and tenth highest mountain in India. There is a reserved forest area around the peak. It is 9 km from Ooty,on the Ooty-Kotagiri Road in the Nilgiris District. It is a popular tourist attraction with road access to the summit.