1) Mukesh Ambani, chairman and CEO of the Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Limited : Son of one of the most renown businessman in India, Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani occupies the first spot in this top 10 list. He is the chairman and CEO of the Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), a Fortune Global 500 company and India's most valuable company by market value. Ambani remains the largest individual shareholder, with 44.7 percent stake in RIL
2) Lakshmi Mittal, CEO and Chairman of ArcelorMittal : Based in United Kingdom, Lakshmi Niwas Mittal is an England-based Indian steel magnate. He was born in the state of Rajasthan in India. He is the CEO and Chairman of ArcelorMittal. ArcelorMittal is the largest steel manufacturing company in the world in terms of steel production. Lakshmi Mittal occupies the second spot in this top 10 list.
3) Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro : He is the chairman of Wipro or Western India Products Unlimited. This is a company that is geared on providing information technology services, outsourcing services and business consulting.He is guiding the company through four decades of diversification and growth to emerge as one of the Indian leaders in the software industry. According to Forbes, he is currently the third wealthiest Indian, and the 41st richest in the world. Lakshmi Mittal occupies the third spot in this top 10 list.
4) Dilip Shangvi, Managing Director of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries : He founded the company Sun Pharmaceuticals in the year 1982. Sun Pharmaceuticals is a pharma research and drug discovering company. Since its inception, Shanghvi has been Managing Director. It is also India's most valuable pharma company ahead of Ranbaxy, Cipla and Dr. Reddy's and became the leading producer of medicines within India. Dilip Shangvi occupies the fourth spot in this top 10 list.
5) Savitri Jindal, Chairman of OP Jindal Group : Widow of Om Prakash Jindal, Savitri Jindal an Indian steel baronessis the richest woman in India and world's 80th richest person. She is the non-executive chairperson of O.P. Jindal Group, and member of the Haryana Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly). Savitri Jindal occupies the fifth spot in this top 10 list.
6) Shashi and Ravi Ruia, Founder of Essar Group : Both are brothers and founder of Essar Group. The primary focus of their company is in steel production and oil refining. However, they also have more investments in other industries, allowing them to operate business in 25 different countries. In 2012, Forbes named Brothers Shashi and Ravi Ruia as the world's first richest Indians with a net worth of US$7 billion. Shashi and Ravi Ruia occupies the sixth spot in this top 10 list.
7) Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group : Kumar Mangalam Birla is an Indian industrialist and the Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group, one of the largest conglomerate corporations in India. Aditya Birla Group is among the world's top 10 producers of cement and Asia's biggest aluminum producer. The groups is India's third largest business house. He is also the Chancellor of the Birla Institute of Technology & Science. Kumar Mangalam Birla occupies the seventh spot in this top 10 list.
8) Gautam Adani, Chairman of Adani Group : Gautam Adani is the chairman of the Adani Group, a leading trading and export company of India. The Adani Group is a globally integrated infrastructure player with businesses spanning coal trading, coal mining, oil & gas exploration, ports, multi-modal logistics, power generation & transmission and gas distribution. Gautam Adani occupies the eightth spot in this top 10 list.
9) Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder, Chairman and Group CEO of Bharti Enterprises : Sunil Mittal is an Indian telecom mogul, philanthropist and the founder, chairman and Group CEO of Bharti Enterprises. The telecom industry boosted the wealth of Sunil Mittal and his family. Their company is named, Bharti Airtel which is India's largest GSM-based mobile phone service and world's fifth largest wireless company with over 190 million customers across 19 countries in Asia and Africa. Sunil Bharti Mittal occupies the nineth spot in this top 10 list.
10) Kushal Pal Singh, Chairman and CEO of DLF Limited : Kushal Pal Singh is an Indian real estate mogul and the chairman and CEO of DLF Limited, India's largest real estate developer. This land tycoon is the one responsible for the development of Gurgaon, which is in the southern part of Delhi. He stands at 130th position in the Forbes’s list of world’s richest people, released in 2011, and has a personal wealth of $7.3 billion. Kushal Pal Singh occupies the tenth spot in this top 10 list.