Title : Tips about medicinal value of flowers Previous | Next
Flowers have been known to help in curing of certain ailments. They are easily available and affordable. They also have the advantage of giving no side effects while curing many physical ailments.
- To cure uterine problems, make a mixture of rose petals and jaggery (1:1) and sun it for 21 days. Pour the juice in a container and preserve. Taking this concoction thrice a day will relieve most uterine problems.
- To cure conjunctivitis, add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder to some rose water. Strain it through a fine cloth and use this as eye drops. This solution should not be kept for more than two weeks.
- To cure constipation and gas troubles, 10-15 rose petals should be eaten every day.
- The shoe flower (hibiscus) can be used to cure boils or carbuncles. Crush sufficient amount of fresh leaves or flower buds and apply directly as a plaster over the affected area.
- After mumps, boil 30 gm of fresh marigold leaves or flowers in 300 ml water. Decoct it to 150 ml. Divide the concoction into 2 parts. Drink one part in the morning and the other in the evening.
- The root stalk (fresh or sun dried) of canna can be used to cure acute infectious hepatitis. Boil 0-120 gms and divide the decoction into 2 parts, to be taken in the morning and evening. The decoction should not be re-heated. The medicine should be taken for 20-30 days.
- The cock's comb can be used to treat uterine bleeding, bleeding piles, dysentery and vomiting of blood. For functional uterine bleeding, oven dry or toast 250 gms of sun dried inflorescence.
- Crush finely. Take 6 gms of this powder with water, twice daily. For bleeding piles, use only 120 gms of the flower. For dysentery and vomiting of blood, boil 612 gms of the dried inflorescence in water and drink the decoction.
- Diabetics will benefit from eating 4 flowers of white periwinkles daily in the morning. Alternatively, boil them in ½ cup water and decoct to ¼ cup and drink this every morning on empty stomach.
- For diarrhoea and dysentery, boil 30 leaves of periwinkle in 250 ml water. Decoct it to 125 ml and drink equal parts of this solution during morning and evening for 5 days.
- Prickly lantana leaves can be boiled and the decoction used for washing the affected area, in case of skin ailments like eczema, dermatitis.
- Periwinkle flowers can be used for burns and injuries too. Pound sufficient amount of fresh leaves and add some rice flour. Use as a covering for the affected part.]
- To cure constipation, boil 6-9 gms of periwinkle roots in 1 glass of water. Reduce to ¼ cup and drink it before going to bed.
- Big marigold can be used to cure upper respiratory tract infection, cough, bronchitis, pharyngitis, toothache, conjunctivitis, irregular menstruation, and dysmenorrhea. Boil 9-15 gm of dried flowers in 150 ml water. Decoct to 75 ml and divide it into 2 parts. Drink one part in the morning and the other in the evening.
- For whooping cough, boil 15 pieces of dried marigold flowers in sufficient amount of water. Add brown sugar and make syrup. Drink this syrup in two divided doses, daily.
Comments (S): 0
No related myths and facts found !!
No related articles found !!