Title : Tips to remove cockroaches Previous | Next
If you are reading these tips, it means your house, office or apartment is infected with cockroaches. Cockroaches love darkness so most of the time you will see them at night, but if you confront them in daytime too, it means situation is very bad. It is the time to take some action because cockroaches breed very quickly and ignoring them will make the thing worse. Follow the three steps:
- Locate their hiding places
- Stop feeding them
The first thing that needs your attention is their Hiding Places. Cockroaches like warm, dark, and moist places. You may find them in your bathroom under the bathroom sink or around and behind the toilet and bathtub; in the kitchen under the kitchen sink, under and behind the refrigerator and stove, in the back of the cupboards and other food storage areas. They like tight and small places. Do the following things to minimize their hiding places :
- Fill and seal up any cracks and crevices in your house or apartment. Make sure to seal holes in walls around plumbing and electrical lines, cracks and crevices in cupboards and walls, fix all leaking taps and toilets.
- Make sure that there are no leaks in the plumbing underneath the kitchen or bathroom sink. The area under the kitchen sink should be clean and without leaks if you want to remove cockroaches.
- Clean up your home with the narrow, fissure attachment of your vacuum cleaner to suck cockroaches out of cracks, from under your refrigerator and stove, from cupboards and off furniture.
- Pull out refrigerators, stoves and freezers, and clean behind, beside and under them.
- Wash the outside of kitchen appliances and vacuum dusty areas around motors of your electrical appliances.
- Regularly clean the inside of your oven and the air vent above your stove to remove grease.
- Don't stuff paper bags in the space between your refrigerator and a kitchen cupboard. Store them in a cupboard or drawer away from the kitchen or bathroom.
- Try to keep mess as less as you can in your cupboards, they are just providing shelter to cockroaches.
The next thing you can do to remove cockroaches is Stop feeding them. Do the following things to stop feeding :
- Keep your kitchen counters, dining room table or any other place where you eat clean; clean them immediately after every meal or snack.
- Don't leave dirty dishes on the kitchen counter overnight. If you need to do this, keep them properly rinsed.
- If you need to soak a pot overnight, make sure it's filled with hot, soapy water
- If you use a dishwasher, make sure you don't leave dirty dishes in it overnight.
- Your stove tops should always be clean and free from any food sources.
- Clean up all food spills immediately, especially on carpets and furniture.
- Garbage and compost should be kept in containers with lids.
- Make sure to dispose of the garbage daily or as often as possible; don't forget to clean the garbage container.
- If your bathroom has a fan, use it after every bath or shower to reduce humidity.
- Vacuum and sweep your home regularly to help remove bits of food.
Control cockroaches by using several control methods at the same time.
- Cutting off food and water sources,
- Sealing cracks and cavities to prevent cockroaches from living in them, and
- Using pest control products.
- Use pesticide sprays only as a last resort for a severe cockroach problem.
Comments (S): 0
No related myths and facts found !!