Blood serves various necessary functions such as transporting nutrients and oxygen to the cells and transports metabolic waste products away from those same cells thus blood becomes a essential component of the human body. Blood is circulated around the body through blood vessels by the pumping action of the heart.
We regularly take in toxins which disrupts the normal functioning of the body organs. Detoxification is very crucial for blood purification and proper organ functioning. When the toxin levels increase, the body organs gradually damage and start to under-perform. Toxins are formed due to unhealthy diet, constipation, stress, consuming impure water, high intake of tea, coffee, alcohol and environmental pollutants.
When it comes to cleansing our body of harmful toxins, food really is the best medicine. A natural blood purification diet, also commonly referred to as a blood cleansing diet, can be described as an eating plan which enables a person to eliminate all the toxins and impurities that may be present in the individual's bloodstream.
Here is the list of foods which can purify blood :
1) Broccoli : Broccoli has antioxidants which cleanse the blood, removes toxins and impurities in the body which are harmful for the health.
2) Cabbage : Drinking a glass of cabbage juice is a very good home remedy for cleansing the blood.
3) Apples : Apples are high in pectin, a type of fiber that binds to cholesterol and heavy metals in the body, they help eliminate toxic build up and to cleanse the intestines.
4) Avocados : Avocados are a cleansing food packed with nutrients that lower cholesterol and dilate blood vessels while blocking artery-destroying toxicity. Avocados contain a nutrient called glutathione, which blocks at least thirty different carcinogens while helping the liver detoxify synthetic chemicals.
5) Bitter Gourd : The bitter taste of the gourd offers numerous health benefits like reducing diabetes and also purifying the blood. Have steamed or boiled bitter gourd to reap its benefits.
6) Neem : This is a very well-known natural remedy for cleansing the blood. Boil neem leaves and have this water in the morning. It acts as a strong and natural purifier and blood cleanser.
7) Watercress : Having watercress with honey is an effective remedy for cleansing the blood.
8) Garlic : Garlic is not just an antibiotic but also a natural blood purifier herb. Garlic purifies the blood, removes free radicals in the body and also decreases fat content in the blood.
9) Carrots : Carrots is one of the blood purifying food that is great for the skin. Drink a glass of fresh carrot juice empty stomach in the morning. It cleanses the body and removes harmful toxins and free radicals that damages the skin.
10) Melon : Melon is widely known for its detoxifying properties. Raw and sour melon not only cleanses the blood but also maintains the blood sugar levels. Moreover, melon aids weight loss.
11) Pineapple : This is one of the fruits that must be included in your blood purifying diet. The freshly cut fruit helps cleanse the blood and kidneys.
12) Beets : You can choose to have soups or gravies with main ingredient as beets since it contains a unique mixture of natural plant compounds that make them superb blood purifiers and liver cleansers.
13) Blueberries : One of the most powerful healing foods, blueberries contains natural aspirin that helps lessen the tissue-damaging effects and also act as antibiotics by blocking bacteria in the urinary tract, thereby helping to prevent infections.
14) Cranberries : Cranberries cleanse your body from harmful bacteria and viruses that may be lingering in your urinary tract with cranberries since they contain antibiotic and antiviral substances.
15) Grapefruit : By consuming ruby red grapefruit for your breakfast you benefit from pectin fiber that binds to cholesterol, thereby cleansing the blood. Pectin also binds to heavy metals and helps escort them out of the body.
16) Turmeric : Turmeric is a yellow spice that is commonly used in Indian foods. It is known since ages to have lots of medicinal properties one of which is purifying blood. It is a natural detoxifying agent that purifies your blood stream.
17) Tea : Several herbs can be consumed in the form of a blood cleansing tea, which will help to expel toxins from the body. Some of the most common types of homemade blood purifier tea include ginger tea, peppermint tea, and dandelion tea.
18) Parsley : Parsley provides the kidneys with essential nutrients that cleanse and detox it. It is widely used as a remedy for filtering the blood.
19) Chirata : Commonly known as Chirata in Hindi, Swertia is a genus which is very effective for the purification of blood. Soak dried chirata in water overnight and have the water first thing in the morning. The bitter water might taste bad but it is one of the best blood cleaning methods.
20) Tulsi (Basil) : Tulsi holds a place of honor in our Indian religion and culture. Since ancient times, it is held that keeping Tulsi plant at home purifies the atmosphere and traditional herbalists prescribe ingesting two to three leaves of tulsi a day for purifying the blood.
21) Palak (Spinach) : Being a valuable source of iron, eating spinach enhances the haemoglobin count. Doctors are known to urge those suffering from anaemia to make this vegetable a mandatory part of their diet in the form of sabzi, soup, salads or juice. You may use it while kneading the dough for chappatis.
22) Til (Sesame Seeds) : A popular home remedy in rural India for blood enhancement incorporates preparing an emulsion of black sesame seeds and consuming the same in a cup of milk sweetened with jaggery. Soak some black sesame seeds in warm water for a few hours. Grind and strain to get the emulsion.
23) Shahad (Honey) : Since several thousand years, honey has been used as a vital medicinal ingredient. It is known to improve the haemoglobin thereby improving blood circulation. With its iron, copper and manganese content, honey helps maintain a healthy balance of haemoglobin and red blood corpuscles.
24) Anantmul (Hemidesmus Indicus) : In many traditional homes, anantmul is used as "Rakta Prasadan" – blood purifier. Half teaspoon anantmul powder is soaked in boiled water at night and this water is taken first thing in the morning for a few days to experience positive results.
25) Aam (Mango) : Green mangoes are considered to be a valuable food remedy in cases of blood disorders. It is said to aid formation of new blood cells and enhance the elasticity of the blood vessels. During its season, consuming raw mangoes in preparations as per taste is highly recommended.
Aprat from above mentioned fruits some of the most effective blood purification fruits include Apricot, Bananas, Bitter melon, Cherry, Figs, Kiwifruit, Oranges, Papaya, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Raspberries, Strawberries, Watermelon. You can include these fruits in a large fruit platter that you can have instead of your regular afternoon meal. Alternately, you could include these in blood cleansing juices that you can consume throughout your day.
Disclaimer*: This article is only for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.