myth and facts

Title : Why Dogs Should Not Eat Chocolate Previous topic PreviousNext Next topic

Dogs and chocolate is not a good combination.Chocolate contains an ingredient called theobromine, a chemical stimulant that belongs in the same group as caffeine and theophylline, two different types of stimulants that affect the central nervous system and the heart muscle, as well as increasing the frequency of urination.
Most chocolates vary with the amount of theobromine they contain, but even a small dose can create a big problem for dog.The longer chocolate stays in your dog’s system without treatment, the more damage it may do. There is no known antidote to cure a pup with chocolate poisoning, so it is very important to take him or her to the veterinarian as soon as possible. Symptoms may not appear for a few hours and may be confused with a different illness. 
Symptoms:-
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Hyperactivity
  • Restlessness
  • Increased water consumption
  • Increased urination
  • Panting
  • Muscle spasms
  • Increased heart rate
  • Blue/grey colored gums

Current Rating : Good
Rate Now
Views: 2451